There are 2.5 Million burglaries per year, 66% of which are home break-ins. Have you got it? It means a burglary occurs every 13 seconds. We are eager to change these statistics. That is why we offer our clients the best home security solutions.
In addition to Protecht services, some other articles may be useful: a danger foreseen is half avoided. In this article, we offer recommendations that will help to improve home security.
1. Install safe locks
According to the data of FBI, 34% of burglars intrude into buildings through the main door. So, start from that. Choose heavy, robust doors and locks that are difficult to break. The choice of a lock is a highly responsible and important task. You can always contact us — Protecht locksmith Henderson NV will share a piece of advice and install high-quality lock of the necessary type for your home security.
Here, there are two more simple rules:
- You must replace the locks in a new building or apartment.
- We recommend changing the lock if you have lost a key or it has been stolen.
Also, you should install locks on other entrance doors, garage, etc. As usual, burglars use the most obvious entrances to the house. That is why you should not risk.
2. Ensure the security of your windows
This is the second most popular method used by burglars for intruding into the house. How to secure windows from burglars? Pay attention to window sensors, glass-break detectors and locks. At least, always fasten the windows if you do not have the opportunity to keep an eye on them.
We recommend using curtains or window-blinds, for the burglars to not be able to spy on you or a member of your family.
3. Install an alarm system
Only 17% of US homes have a security system. That’s a shame. Such devices allow to promptly respond to the burglars’ actions and let the owners and the police know in time. It does not mean you should buy the most expensive alarm system. The most important is that it should perform its function.
4. Install Security Cameras
Security Cameras Installing in Henderson NV is the decision that sufficiently affects home security. The cameras perform several basic functions: they scare away the burglars, allow to keep an eye on a certain object, and in case of criminal actions, allow the police to trace the actions and motifs of a burglar or identify him or her.
5. Protect your house for the time you are absent
Houses without their owners are the easiest and the most desired loot for the burglars. That is why it is better either to leave someone at home or ensure the visibility of your presence. We would like to tell you how to secure your home without an alarm:
- Do not share any information about your absence in social networks. It would be great if the people you do not know knew nothing of your vacation or other plans. So, please, stop talking about that in social networks. This way, you act as if you are inviting the burglar to your house by yourself: “Hey, our family will be in New York from 15 to 25 June. Would you mind robbing us?”
- Suspend the delivery of letters and newspapers, and postpone your parcels delivery. Your piled-up letters tell that you have been absent for a long time, and may encourage the burglars to act.
- Ask someone to take care of the house. If you have neighbors you trust, ask them for help to make your home more secure. They can take care of your letters, clean the snow off the path, park their car in front of your house, etc., as well as inform the law enforcement authorities about any suspicious acts on your territory.
- Install human presence imitation devices. There are many devices that will help you create the impression that someone is inside the house: automatic or remote illumination systems outside and inside the building, fake TV, etc.
Do everything possible to make your vacation full of happy moments, but not concerns about the safety of your home.
6. Keep your stuff safe.
Think about the situation when the burglar is already inside the house. What will he do? Try to think over his behavior and prevent his actions.
- Hide the valuables. Usually, burglars start their search from the bedroom, and proceed to the bathrooms and the kitchen. Think about a really unexpected place to hide your stuff.
- Arrange a reliable safe deposit box. This is much better than hiding the stuff somewhere in the ceiling or a toilet tank. It may be a concealed safe deposit box which is built-in and reliably protected.
- Close the entrance to the corresponding rooms. You can use the locks not only for the front doors but also for the room doors. This will take the burglars’ time and will not let them get to the valuables.
- Install an internal monitoring system. If you would like to control the situation inside the house even more, use this method.
There is a saying: “A man’s home is his castle”. We wish you that. Follow the recommendations listed to make your home more secure. Take care of all the possible entrances to your house, install the devices that are the most necessary in your particular case, take care of your house for the time of your absence. To find out how to improve home security in your particular case, contact the true professionals — Protecht. We will give the best safety advice and do all the necessary work.