Protection of your home is an issue of vital importance. Even if you have already installed a home security system, burglar-proofing the windows won’t hurt in any case. Fortunately, modern technical developments allow the variety of choices, and you can always find an option that suits you best. In this article, we are going to explore how to secure windows.
How to Secure Windows from Burglars
A few quite simple but efficient steps to enhance window security include the following:
- Keep all your windows locked. Take some extra time to check them when leaving home – either for work or for a long trip abroad. A lot depends on the type of locks you have: window latches, keyed locks, swivel action locks, sliding locks, pin locks, hinged wedge locks, folding latches, etc. Choose whatever you like, but remember to install them correctly.
- Consider burglar-resistant glass. For instance, it can be laminated safety glass, which is gaining increasing popularity nowadays. If you wonder how to secure windows without bars, this is a perfect option. When an intruder is trying to shatter it, it does not break easily, and when it does, it still does not form a hole due to the foil inside, but just cracks into small pieces.
- Check the landscape around your home. A simple trick like adding shrubs and bushes makes access to your windows much more complicated.
These are the easiest tips. In order to learn more, you can go to our article How to Improve Home Security.
How to Secure Windows From Break In Using Professional Security Equipment
If the above suggestions are not enough, use these advanced ways the modern technologies offer.
- Buy window security cameras. You may not necessarily need any extremely expensive equipment – even one camera will do a great job. However, a good tip is to use a couple of them. Place the first one somewhere in plain view – it is going to deter the unwanted guests. The rest should be hidden under the roof or disguised. Even if the thief has managed to slip in, the other camera will definitely catch him! Select the camera location carefully – check what it “sees”, avoid any blind spots and ensure there is enough light.
- Consider outdoor motion sensor lights. This way, you will deter the intruder before he gets in.
- Install safety window alarms. In order to work properly, this equipment needs to be very accurate.
Do these options seem more reliable for protecting your home? Check Locksmith Henderson NV for a wide choice of security solutions.
How To Secure Basement Windows
In some cases, the basement can be an easy target for burglars. These simple tips may help protect them:
- If possible, clear the view. Your basement windows should be visible – otherwise a thief will see them as a great place where no one can spot him.
- Your valuables, on the contrary, should not strike the eye. Removing jewelry, computer equipment, purses with money from plain view seems quite a logical, but not an obvious step.
- Install reliable grates.
These are a few tips on how to burglar-proof windows. In order to learn more, check our blog!